Whether we're blending world class seasoning and spices or delivering last minute orders, we consistently do the very best we can
The same principle applies to employing people. We look for the best people, then develop them. We offer the best remuneration we can afford and we always offer equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, marital status, ethnic origin, sex, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or disability, and believe in providing a happier, healthy and safer working environment than most.
Beyond recruitment and selection is the real challenge of staff retention and Dalesman’s philosophy to recognise, nurture and develop talent from within influences several factors in the process. Staff loyalty, retaining specialist knowledge in a unique industry and motivating ‘the people who can make a difference’ to deliver both faster and better, demonstrate success where they remain at the hub of group operations.
Responding quickly to business change our growth strategy, succession plan and philosophy align to identify skills gaps and attract the right talent at the right time.
We pride ourselves on having a high staff retention level of 92%, with the average length of service of staff remaining with the company at 7.5 years.
You will find our latest vacancies here or if we don't have anything available at the moment, please send your CV and details through to email@example.com as we are always looking for talented and loyal people who can grow and develop with us.
Current vacancies - see below
Ref: NPD | Salary: up to £26,000 | Location: Bradford
- Responsible for NPD assigned projects from research, sourcing, development and marketing to sales
- Key responsibilities for BRC including completion of paperwork and records necessary to maintain the quality management system
- Work closely with the customer to fulfil the brief and provide technical support where required
- Create recipe blends and formulations with safe, legal levels of additives and preservatives in line with UK and EU legislation
- Assist in the investigation of raw material sourcing, data handling, applications, technology and costings with respect to NPD
- Assist with the completion/upkeep of the relevant documentation required for the departments KPI’s
- Liaise with customers regarding sample requests, complaints, returns and problem solving
- Creating recipe guides and provide accurate nutritional information for food labelling
- Prepare and present in-house taste panel presentations
- Review current markets and trends appropriate to the company policy
- Ensure the upkeep (cleaning and maintenance) of development kitchen equipment
- Responsible for communicating NPD projects
- Deal with general development queries (production, sales team, reps and customers)
- Liaise with production on NPD, 1st productions and re-work issues
- Assist with the organisation of exhibitions and travel to customers to conduct product presentations
Skills & Experience
- HND or equivalent in a related food technology subject
- Knowledge of up to date legislation and food process technology with respect to product applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication to deal with internal and external customers
- Excellent technical, organisational and planning skills
- Proactive thinker and problem solver with the ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines
- Ability to fully utilise a PC/Windows software
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Specification