Whether we're blending world class seasoning and spices or delivering last minute orders, we consistently do the very best we can
The same principle applies to employing people. We look for the best people, then develop them. We offer the best remuneration we can afford and we always offer equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, marital status, ethnic origin, sex, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or disability, and believe in providing a happier, healthy and safer working environment than most.
Beyond recruitment and selection is the real challenge of staff retention and Dalesman’s philosophy to recognise, nurture and develop talent from within influences several factors in the process. Staff loyalty, retaining specialist knowledge in a unique industry and motivating ‘the people who can make a difference’ to deliver both faster and better, demonstrate success where they remain at the hub of group operations.
Responding quickly to business change our growth strategy, succession plan and philosophy align to identify skills gaps and attract the right talent at the right time.
We pride ourselves on having a high staff retention level of 92%, with the average length of service of staff remaining with the company at 7.5 years.
You will find our latest vacancies here or if we don't have anything available at the moment, please send your CV and details through to firstname.lastname@example.org as we are always looking for talented and loyal people who can grow and develop with us.
Interim Marketing and Communications Manager (Maternity Cover)
Ref: MCM | Salary: Competitive | Location: Bradford
The Dalesman Group was established in 1979 and supplies fine food ingredients to the meat, bakery & retail industries.
As a sector lead in technology, expertise, quality, compliance standards and customer service levels, we are highly regarded as one of the strongest manufactures in our sector.
Our reputation for creating gourmet and bespoke flavours excels and our success continues with award winning taste sensations.
If you would like to join a face paced and forward thinking, family run business and have a passion for the food industry this could be the job for you! We are looking to recruit an Interim Marketing and Communications Manager to join our expanding team. You will ideally have previous food marketing experience and be commercially aware and have knowledge of digital/social marketing.
Download Job Specification
Retail Sales Manager
Ref: GR/AS401 | Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum | Location: Bradford
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST
- Defining and implementing national sales and pricing strategies
- Driving and achieving increased sales profit and targets
- Creating and establishing brand awareness within the food retail sector – being ‘Brand Ambassador’
- Leading Key Account negotiations
- Understanding and communicating the ‘GR’ Brand definition
- Gaining new accounts and motivating existing accounts for additional sales
- Manage performance and profitability of the brand, compiling sales reports and reviewing brand performance
- Manage business risk with no customer being no more than 10% turnover
- Measure the success of the brand based on sales and brand awareness
- Create accurate forecasts to meet required margins with profit and loss responsibility
- Deliver accurate and rapid cost calculations to provide effective customer price positions
- Develop and manage product life cycle from strategic propositions to tactical activities
- Track trends and customer activity, segment customer usage, utilise marketing techniques and analyse market data to drive sales and continuous growth
- Identify B2B and B2C root to market for the ‘GR’ Brand
- Work face to face with retailers and distributors
- Gain new customers monthly
- Build relationships with customers and key contacts to ensure product availability and distribution
- Attend category meetings with clients to increase in depth knowledge and to influence category plans in line with customer needs and opportunities
- Responsible for brand lead generation and sales conversions.
- Develop and deliver an easy sell plan
- Identify, establish and maximise sales of the ‘GR’ brand in the B2C food retail network
- Establish and maintain customer loyalty to the brand through regular visits and innovative ways of selling
- Anticipate potential opportunities by researching the relevant markets, competitors, locating potential events and marketing opportunities.
- Prepare, organise, implement and deliver presentations and promotional initiatives to grow accounts and maximum their potential.
- Conduct regular reviews with retailers, distributors and key contacts to include, but not limited to business performance, buying trends and forecasts, orders and promotional activities
- Liaise with internal suppliers to check progress of existing orders, stock and activities
- Develop annual account goals and customer business plans in line with sales targets
- Effectively manage essential customer enquiries and feedback
- Create a long lasting impression of the brand to customers at all levels, both internally and externally
- Deliver brand initiatives through distributors and customers
- Support retail sales with customer focused marketing activity
- Work closely with Marketing team in order to drive the current product portfolio and future brand launches.
- Be aware of the company’s terms of trading, and ensure that all customers are also aware, and that they keep to these same terms.
- Review own sales performance and developing yourself to achieve aims and objectives of the company.
- Integrate with existing ‘GR’ support teams such as Sales and Marketing, New Product Development, Production and Distribution
- Demonstrate effective time management and self-motivation skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Manage and utilise marketing initiatives, technical expertise and administration resource to deliver success of the brand
- Attend trade shows, product launches and sales meetings
- Report to and maintain regular contact with the Group Operations Executive
- Administrative tasks necessary to execute the above tasks successfully
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the post
Download Job Specification