Whether we're blending world class seasoning and spices or delivering last minute orders, we consistently do the very best we can
The same principle applies to employing people. We look for the best people, then develop them. We offer the best remuneration we can afford and we always offer equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, marital status, ethnic origin, sex, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or disability, and believe in providing a happier, healthy and safer working environment than most.
Beyond recruitment and selection is the real challenge of staff retention and Dalesman’s philosophy to recognise, nurture and develop talent from within influences several factors in the process. Staff loyalty, retaining specialist knowledge in a unique industry and motivating ‘the people who can make a difference’ to deliver both faster and better, demonstrate success where they remain at the hub of group operations.
Responding quickly to business change our growth strategy, succession plan and philosophy align to identify skills gaps and attract the right talent at the right time.
We pride ourselves on having a high staff retention level of 92%, with the average length of service of staff remaining with the company at 7.5 years.
You will find our latest vacancies here or if we don't have anything available at the moment, please send your CV and details through to firstname.lastname@example.org as we are always looking for talented and loyal people who can grow and develop with us.
Current vacancies - see below
Area Sales Representative
Ref: | Salary: £25,000 plus bonus, car, laptop and phone | Location: Covering Midlands & South West
We are looking for an energetic, charismatic, self-motivated and independent sales account manager, who will manage existing accounts and drive sales growth throughout the Midlands and South of the UK (head office is based in Bradford, West Yorkshire)
- Develop new and innovative ways of selling the company’s products
- Maintain loyalty from existing customers through regular visits and the introduction of forthcoming product development
- Call on potential customers to introduce the company, leave sample products and information with the aim to establish new accounts
- Maintain regular contact with the Sales Manager to strengthen lines of communication
- Attend trade exhibitions (approximately once per year)
- Liaise with the sales office regarding customer queries on documentation, stock, delivery and service
- Be aware of the company’s terms of trading and ensure that all customers keep to these same terms
- Review own sales performance using the in-house IT system and participate in quarterly performance appraisals and reach agreed KPIs
- Travel to Bradford for sales meetings (head office – where sales office is based)
- Anticipate potential opportunities by researching the relevant markets, competitors, locating potential events and marketing opportunities
- Ensure that all customer records are up-to-date and contain full information of all contacts
- Ensure a cycle-of-calling plan is in existence for the area and is being worked in a systematic manner
- Report clearly and speedily on day-to-day activities, changing business trends, customer complaints, satisfaction and competitors’ activities
- Report on and update monthly sales forecasts for customers and prospects
- Collection and banking of cheques and cash in accordance with company terms of business
- Liaise with NPD on new products and bespoke customer requests
- Act as a key holder for the Dalesman (Midlands) Ltd’s Warwick depot/office and be available to attend the site as required by head office
Skills & Experience
- Experience in the food manufacturing, food service or retail sector is desirable
- Strong commercial awareness with a professional approach to customer service
- Excellent account management skills with the aptitude to build strong, long term customer relationships
- Results driven with the ability to use proactive sales skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and negotiation skills
- Proactive thinker and problem solver and the ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines
- PC literacy – use of MS Office packages and report writing skills
Download Job Specification